Disclaimer: The contents of this blog in no way reflect those of the US government or of Peace Corps.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stoves and Cute Kids who are Happy to have New Stoves

The stoves continue to move along spectacularly.  After coming to a demonstration, all the families are responsible for building their own stoves.  So, last week I went to visit a number of the families to check on their progress.  And honestly, I was a little worried what would happen. Would they really be able to build their own after watching, just once?  Or would they all be misshapen messes that wouldn't actually work (which is what would happen if I had to build one by myself....)? But I was happy to find that pretty much everyone has finished their stoves, and everyone else is well on their way! 




And, here are some more pictures of cute Guatemalan kids.  Cuz who gets tired of that?

Note:  These pictures were taken during an impromptu photo shoot that took place while
everyone else was working/carrying heavy materials to their homes.

He saw I was taking pictures and immediately posed.  Notice his brother in the background,
about to carry blocks to their home using the head-strap thing

My favorite kid in Las Vegas.  She is always smiling.  Also, my personal favorite picture of the bunch. 
It was taken by a 9 year old who got ahold of my camera, and has probably never taken a picture before. 

Diva pose, or yawn?





No comments:

Post a Comment