Mainly, I am being held up by the mayor's office. Turns out, getting him to agree to give me money was easy, it's actually getting the money that is a challenge. About a week after he initially agreed to give me the money and signed the solicitud, I went back to find out when I could expect to get the money. His response was something along the lines of, "oh....right. I agreed to that? We should check with the treasurer to see if we have that much money." So, off to see the treasurer who assured me that they do have them money, but to get it I would need to submit more paperwork.
So, for the past two weeks I've been making daily trips to the muni to get paperwork done and signed by the appropriate people. Every time I think I have jumped through the final hoop, something new pops up. But now I am directly negotiating with the treasurer, which I think is a good sign, as he is the one with the money.
On the good news side, I am very close to reaching my fundraising goal! I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of family, friends, and strangers. Thank you so much to all who have donated!
What keeps me going

No comments:
Post a Comment